In my young teaching career, I have had some wonderful teaching experiences and opportunities. As a child, I always knew I wanted to be a teacher and work in the field of education. Now being an administrator, I look forward to making a larger impact for my students, teachers, families, and community.
To access my specific information, please feel free to click on the links below. Please note that you will need a password to access the information.
Please feel free to view my non-password protected resume below.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Montclair State University
BS in Mathematics with Teacher Certification GPA: 3.856 Graduated: 2011
MS in Educational Leadership GPA: 4.0 Graduated: 2017
* Standard Certificate Teacher of Mathematics (K-12)
* Standard Certificate Elementary School Science Specialization (5-8)
* Standard Certificate Supervisor & CE Certificate Principal
TEACHING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bordentown Regional School District, Bordentown, NJ July 2019 – Present
Supervisor of Mathematics (grades 6 – 12)
- Responsible for the overall direction of curriculum development and instruction for all mathematics courses, grades 6 through 12.
- Work collaboratively with building level administration relative to establishing building-wide curriculum goals and supervision practices to achieve and maintain the best educational program and environment for teaching and learning.
- Observe and evaluate the performance of instructional personnel through the Danielson Model.
- Developed a full-year Algebra 1 program for Freshmen, focusing on Algebraic comprehension, mathematical discourse, real-world applications, and project-based assignments, that will begin during the 2020-21 school year.
- Researched common assessments and working with the classroom teachers to have common assessments in place for our Algebra 1 program by the 2021-22 school year.
- Led a middle school textbook adoption process, resulting in the installment of McGraw Hill’s Reveal Math program to begin during the 2020-21 school year. Classroom teachers will also be given access to Arrive Math and ALEKS
- Led in-service training and professional development in Edcamp model for K-8 all staff, Google apps training for 6-12 all staff, and New-Teacher Orientation during the Summer.
- Organize and develop monthly after-school workshops, focused on instruction and technology, for the math department.
- Visit classrooms frequently to build relationships with students and classroom teachers, while engaging teachers in conversations about teaching strategies and resources.
- Attended personal professional development on “Teaching Students to Self-Assess and Set Goals”, “Maximizing Your School’s Culture and Climate”, and “Leadership for Socially and Emotionally Responsive Schools”.
- Attended the State of NJ’s Testing Training in preparation of becoming the District Test Coordinator beginning July 2020.
- Assist building-level administrators with department budgeting, purchasing, and inventory.
- Active role in scheduling and staffing for math department in both middle and high school.
- Lead hiring process, which includes interviewing and recommending of personnel, for open math positions.
- Analyze testing data for the mathematics department and share data relative to student performance.
- Participate as a member and leader in professional learning communities (PLC’s) for middle and high school.
- Participate as a member of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
- Attend weekly Curriculum department meetings and monthly Educational Leader meetings.
Ridgway Middle School, Edgewater Park, NJ September 2018 – June 2019
Mathematics Data Dashboard Facilitator
- Developed and maintained a math data dashboard for grades 6-8 that consists of LinkIt! Assessment data, standards, and personal analysis of students’ internal assessment results.
- Analyzed, edited, and created mathematics unit assessments for grades 6-8, including Algebra I.
- Organized and facilitated monthly PLCs with the math department to analyze data and discuss remediation strategies and best instructional practices.
- Presented quarterly data analysis to the district administrative team with suggestions for next steps to support student achievement and teacher professional development.
- Position coexisted with my mathematics teaching position for 8th
Ridgway Middle School, Edgewater Park, NJ September 2012 – June 2019
8th grade Mathematics/Science Teacher
- Taught mathematics for 8th grade, including enrichment (Algebra I), regular education, and inclusion. Taught 8th grade science courses for several years, including Chemistry and Physics material.
- Recognized as the 2017-18 Ridgway Middle School Teacher of the Year.
- Developed an after-school program for enrichment students entitled, “Own It: Mathematics”, a 10-week course that combined mathematics and life skills, as students learn how to own their learning.
- Algebra I classes achieved one hundred percent passing rate on PARCC/NJ-SLA for ’15-’16, ’16-’17, and ’17-’18 school years.
- Led a tuition-based partnership developed, with Delanco School District, for students to take my Algebra I course.
- Created a Google Curriculum Portal for the district to upload all curriculum documents online.
- Spent the summer of 2017 analyzing and updating curriculum for all grades (K-8) and disciplines in the district.
- Experience with analyzing data for internal assessments, such as LinkIt!, Northwest Evaluation Association Measures of Academic Progress testing (NWEA MAP), and external assessments, such as PARCC and NJSLA data.
- Organized and facilitated professional development for the Math Department on topics such as analyzing PARCC data, updating pacing guides, incorporating student data in the classroom, and utilizing common assessments.
- Developed interview questions for a Math Department opening and sat on the interview panel.
- Created curriculum for Science when transitioning to Next Generation Science Standards and Pearson Interactive textbook.
- Numerous professional development hours based in key areas such as Sheltered Instruction, Google Classroom Training, Close Reads, STEAM Design Challenges, Technology to Support Classroom Instruction, and Growth Mindset.
- Mentored a new staff member in the Science department during the 2018 school year.
- A member of the Positive Behavior Support in School (PBSIS) committee for several years.
- Co-director for the Ridgway Stagecrafters Drama Club, consisting of teaching vocals, choreography, acting, and set construction.
- Completed 300 hours. of Administrative Internship under the mentorship of Principal Ron Trampe from January-May 2017.
- Completed 150 hours of Superintendent Internship under the mentorship of Superintendent Dr. Roy Rakszawski from May-August 2017.
- Orchestrated planning and preparation for 8th grade graduation trip to Baltimore for the past 5 years.