As a child, I always knew I wanted to be a teacher and work in the field of education. Now being an administrator, I look forward to making a larger impact for my students, teachers, families, and community.
To access my specific information, please feel free to click on the links below. Please note that you will need a password to access the information.
Please feel free to view my non-password protected resume below.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Montclair State University
BS in Mathematics with Teacher Certification GPA: 3.856 Graduated: 2011
MS in Educational Leadership GPA: 4.0 Graduated: 2017
* Standard Certificate Teacher of Mathematics (K-12)
* Standard Certificate Elementary School Science Specialization (5-8)
* Standard Certificate Supervisor & CE Certificate Principal
TEACHING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bordentown Regional School District, Bordentown, NJ July 2020 – Present
District Test Coordinator
- Responsible for overseeing state-mandated testing in the district, including NJSLA, ACCESS, and DLM.
- Work collaboratively with School Test Coordinators, Director of Technology, Counselors, and the Office of Special Services.
- Meet throughout the year with the STCs to prepare for testing and to share requirements and guidelines.
- Position coexists with my position of Supervisor of Mathematics (6-12).
Bordentown Regional School District, Bordentown, NJ July 2019 – Present
Supervisor of Mathematics (grades 6 – 12)
- Responsible for the overall direction of curriculum development and instruction for all mathematics courses, grades 6-12.
- Work collaboratively with building level administration relative to establishing building-wide curriculum goals and supervision practices to achieve and maintain the best educational program and environment for teaching and learning.
- Observe and evaluate the performance of instructional personnel through the Danielson Model; observed educators ranging from grades 5-12 and within the Mathematics, Science, and Music departments.
- Developed virtual instruction guidelines with the Curriculum Department and building principals when the pandemic first hit.
- Member of the Restart Committee during the pandemic and participated in the Instruction and Personnel sub-committees.
- Assisted in the development of schedules for the middle and high schools during the different phases of the reopening plan.
- Worked collaboratively with teachers across the district on implementing Google tools and apps during virtual learning, including creating tutorial videos, leading group online learning sessions, and sharing tips via email; currently maintain a Google Level 1 Certified Educator certificate.
- Developed a full-year Algebra 1 program for 9th grade students that focuses on Algebraic comprehension, mathematical discourse, real-world applications, and project-based assignments.
- Working collaboratively with the math department to develop common assessments for our Algebra 1 program.
- Led a middle school textbook adoption process, resulting in the installment of McGraw Hill’s Reveal Math program; teachers were given access to Arrive Math for remediation support and the ALEKS program for remediation, acceleration, and data analysis.
- Led in-service training and professional development in Edcamp model for K-8 all staff, Google apps training for 6-12 all staff, Developing Equitable Practices for Now and the Future for K-12 all staff, and New-Teacher Orientation during the Summer.
- Organize and develop monthly after-school workshops, focused on instruction and technology, for the Math department.
- Visit classrooms frequently to build relationships with students and classroom teachers, while engaging teachers in conversations about teaching strategies and resources.
- Attended personal professional development on “Teaching Students to Self-Assess and Set Goals”, “Maximizing Your School’s Culture and Climate”, and “Leadership for Socially and Emotionally Responsive Schools”.
- Assist building-level administrators with department budgeting, purchasing, and inventory of resources.
- Active role in scheduling and staffing for math department in both middle and high school.
- Lead hiring process, which includes interviewing and recommending of personnel, for open math positions.
- Analyze testing data for the mathematics department and share data relative to student performance.
- Participate as a member and leader in professional learning communities (PLC’s) for middle and high school.
- Participate as a member of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
- Attend weekly Curriculum department meetings and monthly Educational Leader meetings.
Ridgway Middle School, Edgewater Park, NJ September 2018 – June 2019
Mathematics Data Dashboard Facilitator
- Developed and maintained a math data dashboard for grades 6-8 that consisted of LinkIt! Assessment data, standards, and personal analysis of students’ internal assessment results.
- Analyzed, edited, and created common unit assessments for grades 6-8 math, including Algebra I.
- Organized and facilitated monthly PLCs with the math department to analyze data and discuss remediation strategies and best instructional practices.
- Presented quarterly data analysis to the district administrative team with suggestions for next steps to support student achievement and teacher professional development.
- Presented to the Edgewater Park Board of Education on the goals and implementation of LinkIt! and common assessments.
Ridgway Middle School, Edgewater Park, NJ September 2012 – June 2019
8th grade Mathematics/Science Teacher
- Taught 8th grade mathematics, including enrichment (Algebra I), general education, and inclusion, as well as 8th grade science courses, consisting of Chemistry and Physics content.
- Recognized as the 2017-18 Ridgway Middle School Teacher of the Year.
- Developed an after-school program for students entitled, “Own It: Mathematics”, a 10-week course that combined mathematics and teaching life skills and how students can own their learning.
- Algebra I classes achieved one hundred percent passing rate on PARCC/NJ-SLA for ’15-’16, ’16-’17, and ’17-’18 school years.
- Led a tuition-based partnership with Delanco School District for students to enroll in my Algebra I course.
- Created a digital Google Curriculum Portal for the district to upload all curriculum documents online.
- Analyzed and updated curriculum for all grades (K-8) and disciplines within the district.
- Analyzed data from internal assessments, such as LinkIt!, Northwest Evaluation Association Measures of Academic Progress testing (NWEA MAP), and external assessments, such as PARCC and NJSLA data.
- Organized and facilitated professional development for the Math Department on topics such as analyzing state assessment data, creating pacing guides, utilizing student data to impact instruction, and developing common assessments.
- Developed interview questions and sat on the interview panel for one of our math department openings.
- Developed new curriculum when the Science department transitioned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Obtained numerous professional development hours on such topics as Sheltered Instruction, Google Classroom, Close Reads, STEAM Design Challenges, Technology to Support Classroom Instruction, and Growth Mindset.
- Mentored a new staff member in the Science department during the 2018 school year.
- Participated as a member of the Positive Behavior Support in School (PBSIS) committee for multiple years.
- Co-directed the Ridgway Stagecrafters Drama Club, which consisted of teaching vocals, choreography, acting, and building sets for an hour long Broadway Junior musical performed in the Spring.
- Completed 300 hours of Administrative Internship under the mentorship of Principal Ronald Trampe from January-May 2017.
- Completed 150 hours of Superintendent Internship under the mentorship of Superintendent Dr. Roy Rakszawski from May-August 2017.
- Organized and planned the 8th grade graduation trip to Baltimore for 5 years.