In my young teaching career, I have had some wonderful teaching experiences and opportunities. As a child, I always knew I wanted to be a teacher and work in the field of education. As I continue to teach, I look forward to advancing my career as an administrator in the field of education.
To access my specific information, please feel free to click on the links below. Please note that you will need a password to access the information.
Please feel free to view my non-password protected resume below.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Montclair State University
BS in Mathematics with Teacher Certification GPA: 3.856 Graduated: 2011
MS in Educational Leadership GPA: 4.0 Graduated: 2017
* Standard Certificate Teacher of Mathematics (K-12)
* Standard Certificate Elementary School Science Specialization (5-8)
* Standard Certificate Supervisor & CE Certificate Principal
TEACHING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Ridgway Middle School, Edgewater Park, NJ September 2018 – Present
Mathematics Data Dashboard Facilitator
- Developed and maintain a math data dashboard for grades 6-8 that consists of LinkIt! Assessment data, standards, and personal analysis of students’ internal assessment results.
- Analyze, edit, and create mathematics unit assessments for grades 6-8, including Algebra I.
- Organize and facilitate monthly PLCs with the math department to analyze data and discuss remediation strategies and best instructional practices.
- Presented quarterly data analysis to the district administrative team with suggestions for next steps to support student achievement and teacher professional development.
- Position coexists with my current mathematics teaching position for 8th
Ridgway Middle School, Edgewater Park, NJ September 2012 – Present
8th grade Mathematics/Science Teacher
- Currently teach mathematics for 8th grade, including enrichment (Algebra I), regular education, and inclusion. Taught 8th grade science courses for several years, including Chemistry and Physics material.
- Recognized as the 2017-18 Ridgway Middle School Teacher of the Year.
- Developing an after-school program for enrichment students entitled, “Own It: Mathematics”. This 10-week course, beginning in March 2019, will combine mathematics and life skills as students learn how to own their learning.
- Algebra I classes achieved one hundred percent passing rate (scores of 4’s and 5’s) on PARCC for ’15-’16, ’16-’17, and ’17-’18 school years.
- Led a tuition-based program partnership developed with Delanco School District in previous years for students to take Algebra I course to expose their students to the material.
- Created a Google Curriculum Portal for the district to upload all curriculum documents online through a secured link on our webpage.
- Spent the summer of 2017 analyzing and updating curriculum for all grades (K-8) and disciplines.
- Experience with analyzing data for internal assessments, such as LinkIt!, Northwest Evaluation Association Measures of Academic Progress testing (NWEA MAP), and external assessments, such as PARCC data.
- Organized and facilitated professional development for the Math Department on how to analyze PARCC data.
- Developed interview questions for a Math Department opening and sat on the interview panel.
- Created curriculum for Science when transitioning to Next Generation Science Standards and Pearson Interactive textbook.
- Numerous professional development hours based in key areas such as Sheltered Instruction, Google Classroom Training, Close Reads, STEAM Design Challenges, Technology to Support Classroom Instruction, and Growth Mindset.
- Mentored a new staff member in the Science department during the 2018 school year.
- A member of the Positive Behavior Support in School (PBSIS) committee for several years, in which we created and ran school-wide events that promoted and rewarded positive behavior.
- Co-director for the Ridgway Stagecrafters Drama Club, consisting of teaching vocals, choreography, acting, and set construction skills for students in grades 5-8.
- Completed 300 hours. of Administrative Internship under the mentorship of Principal Ron Trampe from January-May 2017.
- Completed 150 hours of Superintendent Internship under the mentorship of Superintendent Dr. Roy Rakszawski from May-August 2017.
- Orchestrated planning and preparation for 8th grade graduation trip to Baltimore for the past 5 years.